This short study is about 26 of the most influential media in the most powerful countries in the Western world: USA, Germany, France, UK, Canada.
Julian Assange is the founder of Wikileaks that has been a very influential organization in the last 10 years. He is “jailed” in the Embassy of Ecuador in London since 2012.
John Pilger is an influential journalist from Australia and based in UK.
It is not important to discuss here whether those two people are good or bad people, whether what they say is biased or not. The subject is how the information is treated.
Some simple facts:
- Around the 18th of October 2016, all these media listed below wrote about Julian Assange when his Internet was cut in the Embassy of Ecuador in London.
- On the 5th of November 2016, Julian Assange gave an interview to John Pilger. This interview is freely available on YouTube.
- Of the 26 Western media scanned hereby, only one has commented this video.
- Amongst the 26 media, only The Sun, from UK, commented on the video and provided a link to it.
- The 25 other big newspapers and media did not even mention that this interview has happened.
- On the 7th of November 2016, many of these media listed below have also published articles about “Julian Assange to be questioned by Ecuador over rape allegation” (The Guardian, for example).
This inquiry have been conducted on the 7th of November 2016, i.e. one day before the US elections.
This is the list of the 25 media, out of 26, that did not write a word about the existence of the interview between Assange and Pilger.
You will also see a photo album below.
Read also: American “democracy”
In the US:
- The New York Times.
- The Washington Post.
- The Wall Street Journal.
- USA Today.
- Los Angeles Times.
- Fox News (anti-Clinton).
- The Huffington Post.
- Die Süddeutsche Zeitung (the one of the Panama Papers).
- Die Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung.
- Die Welt.
- Die Zeit.
- Le Monde.
- Le Figaro.
- France 24.
- The Telegraph.
- The Guardian.
- The Daily Mail.
- The Globe and Mail.
- The Toronto Star.
- Le Devoir.
- Le Journal de Montréal.
In the Middle East, 3 influential media did not said a word about the interview neither:
- Aljazeera English.
- Al Arabiya English.
- Al Hayat.
Thank you for sharing awareness and rising consciousness among the people.
And then this is how a Google search with “Assange” looks like whether you click on “All”, “News” or “Videos”.